This is a quick and easy craft to help your children understand the wonder of the Ascension.
You will need
For option one:
Ascension craft pattern
Paper or card
Pencils, crayons or textas
For option two:
The Ascension image
A drinking straw
What to do
1. Download and print images from the bottom of this post onto card or paper. Colour. Cut out image of Jesus and the accompanying rectangle. Fold rectangle and attach to the back of Jesus.
3. Cut a straight line through the middle of the picture.
1. Print picture of Jesus onto card. Colour and cut image.
Cut a drinking straw into two smaller tubes and tape onto the underside of the image of Jesus.
3. Thread each length through a different straw on the back of Jesus.
4. Hold onto the bottom of the string and pull out to each side and watch Jesus ascend!
About the Author: I am a reformed perfectionist who is now a stay at home mum with five children under nine years of age. I am a qualified journalist and graphic designer with a decided creative streak, and run a hobby business called Emily Shaw Design + Write. I will attempt most craft activities and love to write about topical - and especially controversial - issues.