A healthy twist on a delicious lemon slice recipe and oh so tasty! Try it out today and don’t feel guilty about having that second serving!
- 3/4 cup oats
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- Juice from 3 lemons
- 1 - 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Pulse the oats and shredded coconut in your food processor or blender until they look like flour.
- Add the dates and blend until sticky. Press mixture into (about 1cm thick) into square pan and put in the fridge.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth- adjust accordingly.
- Spread evenly on to the base layer and set in the fridge overnight (or freezer for 1 hour then fridge for 1 hour).
- Cut into squares and sprinkle with fine coconut.
About the Author: Healthy food advocate and raw dessert lover, Bethany comes from a large Catholic family. She is passionate about photography and teaching others how to fuel the body with good nutritious food that tastes amazing!