A great meal if you forgot to defrost meat in the morning! A quick and easy family meal.
Creamy Bacon, Pea and Mushroom Pasta
Write a review
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 Large Rashers of Bacon, cut into small pieces
- Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1-2 cups Mushrooms
- 1-2 cups Frozen Peas
- 1 Cup of Beef Stock (or for a tangy flavour add a dash of your favourite white wine)
- 300ml Light Cooking Cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese (I like half Parmesan and half Tasty)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional – for a bit of a kick I sometimes add a teaspoon of Chilli Flakes
- 500g Pasta – we love Spinach and Ricotta Agnolotti or Spaghetti
- Cook your choice of pasta according to the packet directions in a saucepan with salted water.
- While your pasta cooks, heat the oil in a frypan. Add the chopped onion and bacon. Cook this for 3-4 minutes or until the bacon is browned.
- Add the mushrooms and peas. Cook until softened.
- Add the beef stock and simmer gently while the sauce reduces slightly, then add the cream and stir gently. (Your pasta has probably cooked by this time so drain and place back into your saucepan to keep warm)
- Turning the heat off, add the shredded cheese and stir through to thicken the sauce and add flavour. Season to taste.
- Add the sauce mixture to your pasta, stir and serve!
- The time this recipe takes may vary depending on how quickly you chop your ingredients.
Young Catholic Mums http://youngcatholicmums.com/
About the Author: