A rich decadent tasting dessert, made from all natural, raw ingredients.
- ½ cup melted cold pressed coconut oil
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (preferable organic)
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt flakes
- Strawberries (optional for topping)
- 6 teaspoons of peanut butter (one for each)
- 1 -2 teaspoon of cacao powder
- In a bowl whisk together the cacao powder, coconut oil, salt and maple syrup until smooth.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of mixture into muffin moulds or trays and place in the freezer for until firm (5-10 minutes).
- In the meantime add 1-2 teaspoon of cacao power to the peanut butter and mix until brown.
- Remove from freezer and place 1 teaspoon of chocolate peanut butter into the centre of each cup, top each with 1 tablespoon of chocolate mixture and leave to set in freezer for 30 min then place in fridge.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Top with strawberries, coconut, cacao nips or kiwi fruit.
PHOTOS: Bethany Clare Photography
About the Author: Healthy food advocate and raw dessert lover, Bethany comes from a large Catholic family. She is passionate about photography and teaching others how to fuel the body with good nutritious food that tastes amazing!