This easy meatzar is basically a pizza, although instead of a bready crust it is replaced by mince!
This is basically a pizza, although instead of a bready crust it is replaced by mince!
Write a review
- 1kg mince (beef, veal, chicken or pork: your choice)
- 1 brown onion
- ½ handful basil leaves chopped (or whatever herbs you have in your cupboard)
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper
- Your choice of PIZZA TOPPINGS (whatever your preference: ham, cheese, pineapple, capsicum, broccoli, bacon, egg, chicken, olives, tomato and the list goes on!).
- In a large mixing bowl add mince, egg, herbs and salt/pepper and mix all together with your hands. Next, spread the mixture over a baking dish (can be one large pizza or separate small ones, just adjust the cooking time accordingly). Pat down with your fingers and spread to the edge of the dish.
- Place in oven and cook until meat is cooked through. HINT: The meat will turn from a red to brown colour if cooking with regular mince.
- You may need to pour out the juices half way through baking. The meat base will decrease in size as it is cooking.
- Remove meat base from oven and add your toppings! Place back in oven to heat/cook the toppings until golden brown.
- Sometimes I cook the base and then refrigerate until just before dinner time when I add my toppings and place back into the over to heat and cook the toppings if needed!
- Remove from oven and serve with a fresh salad!
Young Catholic Mums http://youngcatholicmums.com/
About the Author: