If you like dark chocolate, you will love these nut butter cups. Rich and creamy you will be reaching for a second! With no added sugar, plus the nutritional benefits of coconut oil, cacao powder and nuts, why not?
- 1/2 cup cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 6-7 teaspoons Almond spread, Peanut or Cashew Spread
- Strawberries (optional)
- More sea salt
- Desiccated Coconut (optional)
- Fill sink or very large bowl with hot water. Place your mixing bowl inside the water and add coconut oil. This will help melt the oil and make mixing easier.
- Add cacao powder, salt and maple syrup. Mixing until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Arrange 6-7 patty pans inside a tupperware container. Spoon in about a tablespoon of mixture into each patty pan, put on lid and place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, and place a teaspoon of nut butter onto each pan. Then cover with another tablespoon of remaining chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and coconut, and place in freezer for 30min.
- Serve with strawberries. Store in air-tight container in fridge.
- For a interesting change trying using chocolate moulds instead of patty pans, for mini nut butter cups!
About the Author: Mother of 4 beautiful girls and a beautiful boy. Founder of the website and dedicated stay-at-home-mum. "My inspiration for the website was to create a platform for Catholic Mums to be able to connect with each other for support and to facilitate growth. I wanted a safe place to share thoughts on different family issues, with an underlying Catholic value system."