Being a busy mum this is the perfect recipe to throw together and into the oven allowing you to bath the kids or have a much needed rest. Served with a well earned glass of wine
- 4 Maryland Chicken Legs or drumsticks if you prefer (1 Maryland per person)
- Salt and pepper, Olive oil
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 medium sized zucchini’s cut into 2cm pieces
- Quarter of a pumpkin or half a medium sized sweet Potato cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 Large carrots cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and squashed whole
- Garlic salt, extra olive oil
- Optional-1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to your taste ensuring that you rub the seasoning into the skin of the chicken. Sprinkle some olive oil onto the chicken. Set aside.
- Using a large pyrex or lasagne dish, place all the chopped vegetables into the dish. Splash a generous amount of olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with garlic salt. Place squashed garlic cloves in amongst the vegetables. Using your hands mix all the vegetables together until the olive oil and the garlic salt are fully covering the outsides.
- Gently place the seasoned chicken on top of the vegetables. If you have a lemon on hand, cut into quarters and squeeze the juice onto the chicken and vegetables placing the lemon into the dish as well.
- Place the all-in-one dish of chicken and vegetables into the pre-heated oven. Turn the temperature to 180°C. Cook for about an hour or until the Chicken is golden and crispy and the vegetables are soft with a nice brown colour.
- The recipe can be adjusted to any vegetables that you might have on hand and the idea is to throw it into the one dish and leave to cook without having to hover over the stove when your children need you during ‘peak hour’.
About the Author: