- 1 tin chickpeas
- Teaspoon Herbes Curry powder (I prefer Herbes brand but regular brand works too)
- Teaspoon turmeric
- Sesame seeds (as many as you want)
- Tin tomatoes (I prefer whole tomatoes but you can add whatever is in the cupboard)
- Handful cashews
- Handful raisins
- Onion chopped
- 1/2 capsicum chopped
- Saute onion and optional garlic and spices in pot on stove top. I use coconut oil to saute in, but if you prefer olive oil this works too.
- Then add cashews and cook until they achieve a nice brown colour.
- Add all other ingredients, stir and simmer until chickpeas are soft and the flavours are infused.
- Add raisins at the end for a hit of sweetness.
I usually just go off what’s in the cupboard for this recipe. If there are no raisins that’s okay. Sometimes I add broccoli or frozen peas as well. My nine month old baby loves this recipe, but I leave out the cashews for him as he’s not quiet ready for nuts. I also add other tinned beans to mix it up!
I keep this in the fridge and have it for breakfast with an egg, or for lunch with a bed of spinach! Baby eats it for breakfast the next day too!
About the Author: