Pumpkin and Beetroot soup!
So, I got a tad ahead of myself last night and decided to mix it up a bit for my husband’s dinner!
I began by making pumpkin soup which ended up as Beetroot soup!
- A quarter of a kent Pumpkin (I usually roast mine with coconut oil first but you can just steam). I leave some skin on but that's personal preference
- A teaspoon of Coconut oil
- A dash of natural yoghurt
- A handfull of sliced Zucchini (steamed)
- A quarter to half tin or fresh beetroot
- A cup of water
- 1 Chicken stock cube
- Mix all together, I use a hand blender stick some might use a regular blender!
- Add some Chia seeds & parsley just before serving! I served this also with some hot bread and butter!
To my surprise my husband didn’t mind this meal at all and said although pumpkin soup was his favourite he wouldn’t mind eating this again! High praise!!
The next day I put some cold soup in a small cup, cut up some carrots and used it as a dip. A little mix of natural or Greek yoghurt will make it a more dip texture!
About the Author: