A different take on breakfast. Try out this raw porridge recipe today!
- 2 cups raw buckwheat groats
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or to taste
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Chopped fruit or dried fruit (banana, Berries, kiwi, apple, mango, etc)
- Chopped nuts
- Nut Butter
- Bee pollen
- Goji berries
- In a bowl, pour 2 cups of raw buckwheat groats and 4 cups of water. Soak for at least 1 hour or overnight. After soaking, rinse well in a strainer several times.
- Place buckwheat groats in food processor or blender, along with the almond milk, chia seeds, and vanilla. Process until combined and slightly smooth. Now add in the sweetener and cinnamon to taste.
- Scoop into bowls. Top with fruit, super-foods or nuts. Serve immediately cold. Place leftovers into fridge and enjoy for the next few days.
About the Author: Healthy food advocate and raw dessert lover, Bethany comes from a large Catholic family. She is passionate about photography and teaching others how to fuel the body with good nutritious food that tastes amazing!