A delicious and simple family meal, and you can freeze the leftovers for next time!
Write a review
- Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8-10 Gourmet Sausages (great way to use sausages leftover from a BBQ)
- 3 Bacon Rashers, chopped
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1-2 Cups of Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 Teaspoons Sweet Paprika (I sometimes use a mixture of Sweet and Smoked Paprika)
- ¼ Cup Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup beef Stock
- 2-3 Tablespoon Dollops of Sour Cream
- Creamy Mash, Fluffy Cooked Rice or Crusty bread to Serve
- Heat the Olive Oil in a frypan and cook the sausages until brown (the husband can do these for you on the BBQ if he is free). Set aside and keep warm.
- Fry the bacon, onion and garlic until bacon is golden. Add the mushrooms and cook stirring occasionally for about another 5 minutes.
- Mix in paprika, tomato paste and stock. Let this simmer gently.
- Meanwhile cut each sausage that has been kept warm into 3 or 4 pieces. Add this to the frypan and season the mixture to your taste.
- Stir in the sour cream and serve with your choice of either creamy mash, fluffy rice or crusty bread.
- Freezes well
Young Catholic Mums http://youngcatholicmums.com/
About the Author: