Do you have left over celery in your fridge? Try out this delicious healthy soup recipe!
- 3 cups of warm water
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 avocado (seeded and scooped out)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1 whole tomato or 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp honey (preferable organic)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients into your blender and slowly increase the speed to high. Blend until smooth and creamy. If using a blender that can heat, blend for 5 minutes or until soup reaches desired temperature. Otherwise transfer soup to saucepan and gently warm on the stove. Stir constantly to avoid overheating (and therefore killing the enzymes).
- Non raw foodies may want to serve with crackers or bread (toasted butter bread may help ease new healthy eater into trying this very healthy nutritious soup)
About the Author: Healthy food advocate and raw dessert lover, Bethany comes from a large Catholic family. She is passionate about photography and teaching others how to fuel the body with good nutritious food that tastes amazing!