I found this book very helpful. Having read it during my engagement period, I still refer to it after being married 4 years on. It was crucial in understanding my husband. I also find it very helpful in understanding my children today. My children are all very different, and from very early on I could decipher what love language they communicated in. It’s comforting to understand how they love, so I could best show them they are loved.
By discovering our own language, our partners and our children’s language we can better communicate and understand our differences and ultimately feel more love in our lives.
An essential read for engaged couples, married couple, and couple with children!
The 5 Love Languages are:
1. Physical Tough: this person feels love when others touch them lovingly
2. Acts of Service: this person feels love when others help them out of serve them.
3. Words of Affirmation: this person feels love when other verbally approve or affirm them.
4. Quality Time: this person feels love when others spend time with them.
5. Gifts: this person feels love when other give them thoughtful things
About the Author: Mother of 4 beautiful girls and a beautiful boy. Founder of the website and dedicated stay-at-home-mum. "My inspiration for the website was to create a platform for Catholic Mums to be able to connect with each other for support and to facilitate growth. I wanted a safe place to share thoughts on different family issues, with an underlying Catholic value system."